New standards and increased reporting responsibilities have placed stringent requirements and demands on governments. These regulations have created the need for governments to employ professional firms specializing in providing a vast array of services for the governmental sector. With a dedicated team focused on providing auditing, accounting, financial reporting and consulting services to governmental entities throughout the Southeast, Mauldin & Jenkins is a recognized and proven leader.
Services We Provide
Our services range from full-scale annual audits to specific situations and projects. At Mauldin & Jenkins, we tailor our services to meet the needs of your individual organization.
In addition to providing annual financial and compliance audits, our experienced governmental team can assist with:
- Education and training at all levels (clerical up to governing board members)
- Financial statement preparation
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) preparation
- Single Audits
- Bond issuance services
- Forensic audits
- Performance audits
- Information system audits
- Cybersecurity assessments
- Cybersecurity framework assessments
- IT system vulnerability assessments
- IT penetration testing
- Landfill financial assurance services
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Attestation of management assertions
- Budgetary analysis
- Financial reporting, compilations, and year-end close-outs
- Capital asset accounting and reporting
- Arbitrage tax information
- Payroll tax services
- Retirement plans
Mauldin & Jenkins was founded in 1918 and has provided audit, accounting, financial reporting & consulting services for 100 years.
We serve over 480 local and state governmental entities, and have the resources of many larger firms and the sensitivity to client service of smaller firms.
We have experienced over 500 transitions as the new auditors of governmental entities during the past 20 years.
Each member of our client services team offers a great deal of experience serving new clients, and providing a smooth transition during a change in auditors.
Utilizing the skills & talents of almost 100 professionals in the governmental sector, we proactively respond to the needs and requests of our clients and meet their deadlines.
Our ability to be responsive is enhanced by the open dialogue and good working relationships we have with our clients.
We assist approximately 130 local and state governments in obtaining and retaining the GFOA’s Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. Our batting average is 1000%.
We participate at the national level via the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center.
Entities We Serve
Mauldin & Jenkins serves a variety of state and local governmental entities throughout the Southeast, including:
- School Districts
- State Government Agencies, Authorities, Commissions & Departments
- Special Purpose Entities
- Special Service Districts
- Water & Sewer Authorities
- Gas & Electric Utilities
- Municipal Solid Waste Landfill
- Public Library Systems
- Community Services Boards
- Boards of Health
- Industrial Authorities
- Development Authorities
- Governmental Sponsored Defined Benefit and Contribution & OPEB Plans
- Charter Schools
- Federal Agencies
- Component Units & Joint Ventures
Free Educational Services
Since 2009, Mauldin & Jenkins services include the opportunity to register and receive approximately 30 hours of continuing education on an annual basis at no cost.
We believe education and training to be key to providing value-added services and properly serving the governmental sector.
Together we can do anything
We offer solutions for unique accounting and financial situations so you can focus on administration, operations and service.