Mauldin & Jenkins serves a client base that collectively owns multi-billion dollar real estate investments. Our clients include developers, property managers, equity partners and individuals, whose diverse holdings range from single and multi-family rentals and commercial net leases to timberlands and speculative real estate properties.
If you'd like to subscribe to our newsletters, please click the button below.
We have a team devoted to serving our real estate clients, including a member who has achieved the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential as designated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Through extensive training and experience, this team provides services to help real estate investments succeed. We go beyond the basic audit, review, compilation and tax services by providing the following real estate advisory services:
- Entity selection (LLC, LLP, S-Corporations, Trusts, etc.)
- Affiliated and related party group planning
- Tax planning and compliance reporting
- Financing and collateral advisory services
- Estate and gift tax transfer planning
- Sales price and basis allocations (cost segregation)
Our real estate clients also benefit from our expertise in the following areas:
- Depreciation recapture planning
- Capital gains versus ordinary income considerations
- Multi-state income tax reporting issues
- Income shifting & wealth accumulation planning
- Ownership strategies for real estate used in business operations
- Cross purchase/Buy-sell agreements
- HUD-insured project audits
- Like-kind exchange (IRC section 1031) planning
- Sale & purchase of fractional ownership interests
- Special purpose compliance reporting
- Operating expense analysis
Qualified Real Estate Professionals
Mauldin & Jenkins’ qualified professionals assist you with the challenges you may face. In the ever shifting real estate market, we strive to keep you abreast of the changes in accounting standards and tax code that could impact your investments. We focus on the technical side, so you can focus on your real estate investments.