Our education practice offers a significant wealth of knowledge that covers K-12 schools, colleges and universities. Especially in today’s environment, education institutions are faced with complex issues, including government funding (or lack of), development of non-traditional revenue streams, donor gift acceptance considerations, taxable and tax-exempt debt financing, alternative investments, financial aid and endowments.
Education institutions that plan and address these important issues can directly impact its future and long-term success. We work with numerous educational institutions annually, and have first-hand experience in solving these complex issues that are unique to the industry. With our local presence backed by national and international resources, we offer a broad range of specialized assurance, tax and consulting services, designed specifically to address our Education institution clients' goals.
Audit, Attestation, and Consulting
- Financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations
- Single Audits under the OMB Federal Uniform Guidance
- Single Audits under various state regulated guidance’s
- Employee-benefit plan audits
- Endowment accounting and UPMIFA
- NCAA Agreed-Upon Procedures (AUPs)
- Governance policies and disclosures consulting
- Financial feasibility Studies
- 990, 990-T Tax Preparation and Consulting Services
- Corporate Formation and Application for Tax-Exempt Status
- Formation of Taxable and Non-Taxable Subsidiaries
- Unrelated Business Income Tax Reviews and Consulting Services
- Payroll and Fringe Benefit Reviews
- Private Use Analysis for Tax-Exempt Bonds
- IRS Examination Assistance
- Planned Giving Advisory Services
- Sales & Use Tax Preparation/Consulting
To learn more about the tax services we offer, please click HERE.
Together we can do anything
Mauldin & Jenkins recognizes that a contributing factor to long-term success in the education industry is the development of trusted relationships with professionals. To facilitate this, our high quality, comprehensive accounting and financial services allow our clients to focus on their continuing evolution and the institutions success.