Mauldin & Jenkins has over 100 years’ experience providing our clients with quality services, including employee benefit plan audits. Our methods and unparalleled communication add value to our clients’ audits and ultimately, their businesses.
Risk & Responsibility
Being a fiduciary for your Company’s benefit plan comes with a unique responsibility. In that role, you are entrusted to make sure you are getting value from your required benefit plan audit, and that you understand the key regulations of the IRS and Department of Labor to ensure your plan's compliance. A quality audit will help protect the assets and the financial integrity of your employee benefit accounts and enable you to carry out your fiduciary responsibility by filing complete and accurate reports and returns.
- We understand the risk and your unique fiduciary responsibility.
- Our employee benefit plan audit team covers issues scrutinized by the Department of Labor (DOL) and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- We have developed a team of dedicated professionals with extensive experience in the complexities of financial reporting and auditing requirements of all types of employee benefit plans.
Employee Benefit Plan Services
Our audit professionals have substantial experience in various types of employee benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plans and 403(b) plans
- Profit-sharing plans
- Multiemployer and multiple employer plans
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and KSOPs
- Defined benefit plans
- Health and welfare benefit plans
Additionally, our tax professionals provide preparation and advisory services for the filing of IRS Form 5500 for the above plans.
Business Valuation Services
Business Valuation is a widely used practice that can play a key role in helping you achieve your financial goals. It is a complex process requiring a broad knowledge of accounting, finance, economics, and business, expert utilization of recognized valuation methodologies, and diligent adherence to professional standards. Our business valuation professionals, who hold specialized valuation certifications including Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), can give you the answer. Learn more about the Business Valuation Services Mauldin & Jenkins offers.
Our Commitment to Quality Audits
We are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC). The Center was formed to help CPAs meet the challenges of performing quality audits in this unique and complex area and serves as a resource for improving employee benefit plan audit quality. The Center requires members to complete mandatory continuing professional education specifically focused on audits of employee benefit plans. Membership is voluntary and we have joined the center to provide the highest possible level of service for our clients.
Our specialized team recognizes the specific needs of employee benefit plans.
- Our approach includes direct partner contact and frequent communication.
- Our audit testing is customized based on your specific plan and the relevant IRS and DOL regulations.
- We apply our technical expertise which reduces your risks and allows you to file the audited financial statements and Form 5500 with confidence.
Having a professional and trusted advisor is key during an audit. Mauldin & Jenkins' services and expertise will allow you to have a timely and accurate audit so you can continue to grow your business.