Our expertise in community financial institutions is unique, and by sharing this expertise through our client relationships, we create added value.
Download our Financial Services brochures:
- Consumer Compliance, Bank Secrecy Act & Anti Money Laundering Services
- Financial Institution Audit Services
- Financial Institution Business Advisory Services
- Financial Institution Risk Management & Inernal Audit Services
- Community Banking Advisor Spring 2012
- Community Banking Advisor Summer 2012
- Community Banking Advisor Fall 2012
- Community Banking Advisor Winter 2013
- Community Banking Advisor Spring 2013
Opinion Audit Services & Consultation
Mauldin & Jenkins is committed to compliance with all audit requirements and standards, and we emphasize providing audit services that add value for our clients. Audit standards require auditors to be engaged by and report directly to the Board of Directors and/or Audit Committee. We enhance the value of the audit by maintaining an open line of communication with management, the Board and the Audit Committee for key accounting and auditing issues. Our annual audit includes an allocation of advisory time for management, the Audit Committee or the Board. This allows our professionals to consult on questions concerning the audit without added costs.
Our audits are further enhanced by:
- Partner Accessibility – Direct partner involvement in the field to supervise qualified staff and consult with management during the audit process.
- Audit Efficiency – Annual internal training sessions are designed specifically for the financial institution team to ensure that the individuals who work on your audit are experts and as a result, are efficient and effective.
Internal Auditing, Controls & Procedures Services
Today’s corporate accountability culture demands that companies establish and maintain effective systems of internal accounting and financial reporting controls, effective testing and reporting on system compliance. Outsourcing can be an effective way to meet this level of accountability. Mauldin & Jenkins offers:
Internal Control Consulting Services – Mauldin & Jenkins works with more than 200 community financial institutions annually, and has the expertise to tailor our service to your financial institution’s needs.
Internal Audit Services – Our experienced financial institution auditors spend 100 percent of their time serving this industry. Experience means internal audits are completed quickly, but thoroughly, with minimal disruption to your business.
Business Advisory Services
Our service to financial institution clients does not stop with traditional audit services. Mauldin & Jenkins provides added value through our advisory services, including:
- Tax Planning and Return Preparation– Minimizing income taxes requires attention to tax planning as well as return preparation. The financial institution tax partners at Mauldin & Jenkins help our clients make informed business decisions concerning tax related matters.
- Geographic Expansion – We provide our clients with a range of merger and acquisition services, including identifying potential merger partners, due diligence branch location, feasibility studies and capital planning.
- Compensation – Understanding the effectiveness of compensation tools to attract and retain quality senior management teams, and their impact on the financial institution’s financial statements, can be challenging. We assist clients in evaluating their existing compensation packages as well as help them understand and evaluate compensation tools such as stock options and non-qualified retirement plans.
- Consumer Compliance – Compliance with federal consumer regulations is an ongoing challenge for all banking institutions. We can help through Full-Scope Reviews, Targeted Reviews and Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Reviews.
- Valuation Services– Mauldin & Jenkins’ expertise in community financial institution matters provides for sound analysis and an in-depth understanding of the issues that must be considered when an independent valuation is needed. Tailored Services at Competitive Prices
Mauldin & Jenkins’ extensive financial institution expertise represents a pool of resources that allows us to tailor these services to meet your specific institution’s needs. This expertise assures you that the work is performed efficiently and with limited disruption to your operations. The efficiencies gained by the use of experienced financial institution auditors are passed along to the client in the form of competitive prices. Mauldin & Jenkins’ services are structured specifically to accomplish your audit committee or senior management team’s objectives at cost effective prices.
At Mauldin & Jenkins, we have more than 90 years of experience providing audit, tax and advisory services to community financial institutions. We understand compliance, audit requirements, tax planning strategies and more. Our methods and unparalleled communication add value to our clients’ audits, and ultimately, their business.